Chateau Zbiroh – the Three Emperors’ Chateau
Welcome to Chateau Zbiroh– the Three Emperors’ Chateau, open all year round.
Chateau Zbiroh is located in the picturesque landscape of the Křivoklát Forest just 20 minutes from Prague. Given its easy access from Prague and Pilsen it is ideal for excursions, corporate and social events, business meetings, conferences and fairytale weddings.
Zbiroh is the first stately home in the Czech Lands, and was mentioned in church chronicles at the end of the 12th century. During the centuries the castle was converted into the current neo-renaissance chateau. Its owners have included King Přemysl Otakar II and the Emperors Charles IV, Zikmund and Rudolf II, which is why it is known as the Three Emperors’ Chateau.
The chateau, originally Zbiroh Castle, holds several RECORDS:
- the oldest stately home in the Czech Lands
- the deepest well in Europe
- the oldest castle keep in the Czech Lands
Chateau Zbiroh will enchant you with its history and its interiors…
Chateau Zbiroh, surrounded by an English park measuring sixty hectares, has a large number of salons and halls, a gothic chapel and wine cellars. There is the medieval tavern “U Rudolfovy kratochvíle” with a period atmosphere and interior and an original menu. The chateau’s salons and halls include the large neo-renaissance Alfons Mucha Hall, with an original curtain by the world-famous painter, who spent eighteen years here and painted his famous Slav Epic.
The newly opened luxury Chateau Hotel Zbiroh ****/ *****, located in the south wing of the chateau with a capacity of 106 beds, offers its guests unforgettable stays full of romance and history. All of the hotel’s rooms are located in the original castle chambers with period antique furniture and services in line with modern European standards. We offer ten luxury chateau apartments for the most demanding clientele. You can find details at www.hotel-chateau-zbiroh.cz.
We offer our guests:
- year-round tours of the chateau
- the chateau park with a game preserve
- a medieval tavern with period dishes
- the chateau’s wine cellars
- every Monday there is a medieval evening with a special programme
- accommodation in the Chateau Hotel
- hire of halls and salons
- the gothic chapel and a garden pavilion for wedding ceremonies
- a wealth of relaxation, sports and outdoor activities